Are you looking for a delicious low-carb meal that’s easy to prepare? Look no further than this scrumptious recipe for Roasted Eggplant Caprese! With juicy tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and tender roasted eggplant, all topped off with a drizzle of balsamic glaze, this dish is sure to satisfy your cravings. And the best part? No bread required! So let’s get cooking and create a low-carb masterpiece that’s both healthy and delicious.
Low Carb Roasted Eggplant Caprese (No Bread!!)
In recent times, a lot of people have become more conscious of their eating habits, and are now more intentional about choosing healthy meals that are easy and satisfying. If you’re looking for a delicious low-carb meal that’s quick and easy to prepare, then the roasted eggplant caprese salad recipe is perfect for you. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the recipe, its ingredients, and how to customize it to make it a complete meal.
- 1 large eggplant, trimmed and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 small fresh mozzarella balls, drained
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place eggplant slices in a single layer on the baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Layer one slice of eggplant, one slice of tomato, one small mozzarella ball, and one or two basil leaves on top of each other until all ingredients are used up.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.
The roasted eggplant caprese salad is versatile and can be customized for your taste preference. Here are some ideas to make it a complete meal:
- Add a bed of greens: You can add a layer of mixed greens like spinach, lettuce or arugula at the bottom for added texture and nutrients.
- Protein: You can add a protein of your choice like chicken, shrimp or steak to the salad.
- Extra veggies: Add extra vegetables such as cucumber, bell peppers, or sliced onion to make the salad more colorful and nutritious.
- How long does it take to make Low Carb Roasted Eggplant Caprese?
- It takes about 15-20 minutes to roast the eggplant and an additional 5 minutes to assemble the salad.
- Can I make this recipe using an Air Fryer?
- The author suggests using an Air Fryer for this recipe as it gives the eggplant a crispy texture.
- Is this recipe suitable for those following an Eggplant diet?
- Yes, the recipe is suitable for those who follow an Eggplant diet.
- Are there other Low Carb Love recipe videos available?
- Yes, the video provides links to other Low Carb Love recipe videos.
- What hashtags are associated with this recipe?
- The hashtags associated with this recipe include KetoRecipes and LowCarbLife.
The roasted eggplant caprese salad is a delicious and healthy low-carb meal that is quick and easy to prepare. The ingredients used in this recipe are simple yet flavorful, and the salad can be customized to suit your taste preference. If you’re looking to eat healthier while still enjoying yummy meals, then this recipe is definitely worth trying out. Don’t forget to subscribe to Low Carb Love for more amazing recipes!