If you’re searching for a quick and healthy meal idea, look no further than this quinoa salad with a light lemon dressing. This easy-to-follow recipe is perfect for those who are short on time but still want to enjoy a nutritious and satisfying meal. Packed with protein, fiber, and plenty of fresh veggies, this quinoa salad is not only tasty but also perfect for those who are health-conscious. Read on for the simple steps to make this colorful and delicious dish that is sure to impress.
Quinoa salad is a light and fresh recipe that has become popular in recent years due to its health benefits and delicious taste. This gluten-free and vegetarian-friendly recipe contains quinoa, roasted asparagus, tangy feta cheese, and chickpeas, all tossed in a simple lemon vinaigrette. Whether you are looking for a quick and easy side dish or a light meal, this recipe is perfect for you. In this article, we will go over the step-by-step instructions on how to make this quinoa salad that can be enjoyed all year round.
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1 lb of asparagus
- 15 oz can of chickpeas
- 4 oz of crumbled feta cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs, garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Trim the woody ends off the asparagus and chop into 1-inch pieces.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss well and roast for 8-12 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Rinse the quinoa in cold water and drain. In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the quinoa to the boiling water and stir. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and let cool.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper to make the vinaigrette.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, roasted asparagus, and chickpeas. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss well.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese and fresh herbs if desired. Serve chilled.
Tips and Tricks
- To save time, you can make the quinoa and roast the asparagus ahead of time and have it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- If you don’t have asparagus, you can substitute it with any roasted vegetable such as zucchini, bell peppers, or cherry tomatoes.
- This recipe is high in plant-based protein because of the quinoa and chickpeas.
- You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Favorite Kitchen Tools
- Baking sheet
- Small saucepan
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 378
- Fat: 21g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 9g
- Sugar: 3g
The Don’t Diet Workshops
If you’re looking to pair this healthy recipe with a sustainable weight-loss program, we recommend checking out “The Don’t Diet” workshop series. This six-part mind-body workshop provides a revolutionary approach to achieving a healthy weight without dieting or deprivation. Through workshops and coaching sessions, participants learn how to cultivate body acceptance, challenge negative self-talk, and find joy in exercise.
Quinoa salad with a light lemon dressing is an easy, tasty, and healthy recipe that can be enjoyed as a side dish or a light meal. With its freshness, versatility, and colorful combination of flavors, this recipe can easily become a staple in your home. Try it out and let us know what you think!
- Can I use brown rice instead of quinoa for this recipe?
- Yes, you can substitute quinoa with brown rice. Cook 1 cup of brown rice in 2 cups of water following the package instructions.
- Can I add other vegetables to this recipe?
- Absolutely! This recipe is versatile and can be customized to your liking. Try adding roasted sweet potatoes, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, or zucchini.
- Can I use canned asparagus instead of fresh?
- While canned asparagus can be used, we recommend using fresh asparagus for the best flavor and texture.
- Can I use a different salad dressing instead of lemon vinaigrette?
- Yes, feel free to use any salad dressing you like or make your own.
- How long does it take to make this recipe?
- It takes around 30 minutes to prepare and cook this recipe.